Posts for tag: physical therapy
Have you had surgery, a recent injury or long-term chronic condition? You wish to optimize your mobility and function and just get your life back. At Victoria Pain & Rehabilitation Center’s Physical Therapy Department in Victoria, Texas, our team of well-prepared professionals treats you as a whole person, helping you regain mobility, function and well-being. Physical therapy is a proven way we can assist you.
What is physical therapy?
Ease and prevent pain. Walk, run and work as you used to. Feel more confident and capable in your day to day routines, work and sports. Tamra Mikulik (PT DPT) and Laura Crandall (PT DPT MS) head up a team of high-trained and experienced physical therapists. Together with you, they will:
- Assess your level of function
- Provide or confirm diagnoses of chronic and acute conditions
- Focus on pain management
- Provide recommendations on self-care at home and on the job
- Assess and correct posture issues
- Improve your flexibility
- Increase your range of motion post-injury or surgery or as it relates to chronic conditions such as arthritis
- Provide strategies to improve pelvic floor dysfunction
- Improve balance
- Regularize gait and strength
- Help you prevent falls
- Manage age-related issues such as osteoporosis (geriatric physical therapy)
- Improve stamina and endurance after a heart attack or cardiac surgery
Physical therapy modalities
Our physical therapists provide the most up to date treatment and rehabilitation modalities, all individualized to suit your living situation, occupation, level of fitness and function and more.
These treatments may include:
- Weight training
- Range of motion exercises and stretching (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation)
- Electrical stimulation
- Ultrasound and light therapies
- Global postural retraining (for Parkinson's disease)
- Soft-tissue mobilization to reduce scar tissue and adhesions and reduce swelling and pain
The American Physical Therapy Association says that your PT experts are available to help you throughout your rehabilitation process. Physical therapists work closely with our patients to prevent further injury and progression of chronic conditions.
We can help
We know how frustrating chronic or unexpected acute conditions can be and how long the process of recovery may seem. We'll work closely with you to use minimally-invasive treatments and procedures, as well as physical therapies, to improve your quality of life and help you take charge of your health.
For a physical therapy appointment, please contact our Victoria location at (361) 578-7396.